New (to us) knitting machine and accessories

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa498e41e68>

Yesterday we took delivery of a new (but vintage!) knitting machine (Knitmaster 650) and a lot of accessories and handbooks thanks to an extremely generous donation from Dan Coffey (non-member but may join soon).

It’s currently sat on the top shelf at the back of the textiles area - but Dan had to take back the container it was all stored in. I will head off to B&Q later today to try to get a suitably sized storage box for it all. In the meantime, if anyone does try to get it down, please be very careful as there are some very delicate parts for it just sat on top.

Hopefully I’ll be in tomorrow morning with a new box, and will then catalogue what is there ready for a new tools page.

Then its just a matter of learning how to use it!! :scream:

13 Likes

How exciting!! Looking forward to seeing it in action and potentially having a go if I’m feeling brave at some point :grin:

1 Like

Awesome! Yea, sounds really cool!

I’m afraid getting the right sized container is taking a bit longer than I had first hoped. I’ve had to get one ordered so will be a couple days yet.

So, yep, just be very careful if you take it down - it’s all loose up there for a little while longer!

4 Likes

Looking forward to having a go at it!

@TracyD

Any updates on the new knitting machine? Maybe we can do a demo sometime?

Thanks!!

@Karin has done a nice demo!

1 Like

@TracyD and I tried the new knitting machine. The pattern card works well. But still need to try the automatic yarn changer and the ribber.

3 Likes

This still makes me chuckle - it looks like the cat has 1970-s style platform boots on :rofl:

3 Likes