Music Night Revival?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa497b62b58>

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/23-00-music-evening/25289

Created booking for this for 25th Feb, last Saturday of the month.

3 Likes

How is everyone to start in the afternoon on Saturday? Yesterday was a bit dead in the space, I’d not expect any big disruptions.

@0atman, who’s managing the sound control can do only afternoon now, let us know if afternoon is okay.

@fincheee @mikekelly

2 Likes

Extremely down for Saturday, as petra said I can’t do a late one, got to be gone for dinner.

Shall l start setting up @ 2pm and people rock up as they like? An earlier start can catch more folks too!

2 Likes

Sounds good! Let me know if you need any help setting up or moving stuff.

1 Like

Unfortunately my wrist has still not recovered enough to play anything, so I cannot participate this month. Sorry.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t hate that, thank you Mike! I hope we have enough speakers/mixers for everyone, I only have modest options here. Please bring anything, even a patch cable would be handy!

TODAY 2PM - LATE!

I’m bringing a few synths and a laptop, I have a very small mixer, just 2 inputs, please bring small amps and mixers for yourself if you have them!

Things that won’t hurt to bring:

• Patch cables
  • Small amp (practice size, it’s a tiny space, or be prepared to run at 2/10 volume)
  • Mixers to get other instruments into the zone
  • Patience and a collaborative attitude

See you there!

1 Like

Hi all -

We picked up a small mixer yesterday in a haul of awesome stuff from @hernehillier! I think it needs a repair, but see if it is useful for music night? I think it ended up above the 3d printer…

Cheers,
Andy

1 Like

Ace move. Thanks.

1 Like

I think its a DJ type mixer, but worth a look…:musical_note:

Also we got a couple mic stands, I think they are in the new metal area… down low on a bookshelf

1 Like

Good news, everyone is rocking hard and loving it.

3 Likes

Niice! Post a picture!

We would love to do this again next Saturday before a 2months gap and then continue monthly!

I and Tris have booked the clean room table starting 5pm next Saturday 4th

@mikekelly @ClemJ @howard @fincheee

2 Likes

Great! I should try to find an amp.

1 Like

I’ve a trolley you can borrow should you need one

1 Like

Not going to make next Saturday infortunately, enjoy!

1 Like

This might be of interest to you folks here https://strudel.tidalcycles.org/

Web-based algorave app, it’s so great!

2 Likes

How was the Music night? Do you think you will have more?

1 Like

Yes! We’d be happy to have one in May.

1 Like

@will-hay