Music Focused Open Evening Next Week - 6th November 2019

Fab. See you there!

Would anyone like to come to this on the 27th?

Well done for organising. It was great fun!

2 Likes

I’m glad this has created a buzz.

What other themes would be popular?

Has there been a repair shop open evening?
I volunteered at a mobile project, who’s name escapes me, where people bring faulty equipment and we advise and fix, if possible.

I could host on:

• Demystifying websites and email
  • App building (currently android only)
  • Intro to 3D modelling for prototyping
  • Upgrading Nimh & Nicad power tools to lithium

And probably a few others

An excellent and fun evening – thanks to @timyates for making this happen

Strong turn out of interested and interesting visitors, many hung out for several hours

Was brilliant to have the clean room table strewn with handmade instrument, made by and for people with various levels of physical ability…Ethiopian Krurs (about seven of them, one hacked from an old cello I think), a marimba – courtesy of Chris from Joy of Sound…plus @Howard’s ‘cooking’ electric guitar

Lucas sampled several of the instruments and mapped them to his Ableton midi controller…so they might surface in one of his compositions…not sure how the royalties will work there…

And it elided into games night thanks to @Robin_B which looked a lot of fun

Plus there was a communal beer keg…

Top night

Did anyone else get any photos?

3 Likes

Games and audio, sounds just up my street. I hope this happens again!

1 Like

@timyates is planning to make it a monthly event!

That sounds like fun, I’m probably gonna join!

Thanks everyone for coming last night - I think it was a resounding success! It was great having some instruments to play on so we should take that regular if possible.

It seems like there’s plenty of interest so I’ll set it up as a monthly thing. Maybe the next one on the 18th December and then the third Wednesday of the month after that?

3 Likes

ah blast, wish I’d seen this as yes i would!