More pandemic reopening trial sessions: Mon, Tues and Weds this week

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a3a791b8>

We’re just about set for trial reopening on the basis of one member per room

@Julia and @Dermot will be hosting these sessions, and will induct you in our COVID-safe procedures before you access the Space

If you helped out on Saturday or have been part of the PPE response then you will get priority (Discourse is doing that thing where it won’t let me tag anyone, sorry). And if you are able to host future sessions (we really need this to get more members making) then you will get extra access to the Space

These will be 3 hour sessions including setting up and clearing up, more details will follow. If you can make it edit this WiKi and add your name and area you want to work in below – you will be allocated one of the workshops and will have access only to equipment in that area, so please bear this in mind

We’ll let everyone know 24 hours in advance of each session, there are only two spare places for each session but please put your name down if interested so we can plan ahead

Monday 3rd August 2:30 to 5:30pm:

• your name, which area you want to work in (if it’s a room flexible activity let us know)

Monday 3rd 6 to 9pm

• your name, which area you want to work in (if it’s a room flexible activity let us know)
  • @enmanuelfj - laser cutter

Tuesday 4th August 2:30 to 5:30pm:

• @Kuniko - laser cutter
  • @Ty_design

Tuesday 4th 6 to 9pm

-@luptonm -laser cutter

Wednesday 5th August 2:30 to 5:30pm:

• @Dani_Clode - Compressor/Silicone degasser, resin area. (It just needs a plug, so could work on another table if someone needs the lasercutter.

Wednesday 6 to 9pm

• @argilop - wood workshop

More details and practical guidance on the reopening protocols can be found here

We’re finding our way here and very much value members’ thoughts, creativity and feedback for improving the systems: let us know in the replies…is 6 to 9pm a good slot, or awkward for work etc? For instance

1 Like

@tinkalo

@Dani_Clode
@Panjapop

Laser cutter is booked for both sessions tomorrow, but there’s space in the woodshop or clean room

@Kuniko and @Ty_design see you both at the Space this afternoon – be there in good time for COVID safety briefing at 2.30, please ring the bell when you arrive and wait outside

Please remember to bring a cloth mask/face covering and your own cup or water bottle

Anyone else looking to do some making today at 2 30 or 6pm?

If no one is using the workshop during my slot, is it possible to spend 1hour or so laser cutting and then the rest of the time in the workshop?

The woodshop would need to have been empty for 30 minutes before you use it, but in theory yes

1 Like

Woodshop and laser cutter bookings still available at 2.30 today and laser cutter at 6pm

@Dani_Clode you’re in for 2.30 for vacuum chamber use

@argilop you’re booked for 6pm in the woodshop

Please arrive a few minutes early, ring the bell and wait outside for COVID safety induction when you arrive

Face coverings (non-valved) to be worn at all times when inside – we have a range of SLMSwashable masks in the Space if you don’t have your own

2 Likes

next time there is a slot can I book welding? (cannot make the 6pm today)

2 Likes

Is there gas? @Beccaartist @metaltechs ?

Yes, Fred ordered it!

1 Like

Yes there is gas, in fact we now have 2 bottles so we can hot swap when we need to order new. I’ve also got the replacement parts for the extraction I want to install and fix things for safety, and so I can get my money back.

1 Like

Alas missed this post. Any chance I could nip in soon and just see if we have a bit to open up my macbook? She’s been overheating and I don’t have apples special magic screwdriver to open the darn thing and blow the dust out.

1 Like

I have had this as well and it really slowed down my laptop. Is the fan still working well apart from the dust? It’s only about £5 for a replacement. But it did wonders. :grinning:

Seems to be, I think it’s just trying to spin them up with lack of airflow. I was just going to get out my screwdrivers and open it but I only just realised it’s the funny flower shaped screws and a size larger than the one I have for iPhones. Sigh.

1 Like