Makerspace Print Your Own T-Shirts

I would love to be part of this workshop, count me in!

Is anyone actually offering to run this because I get the impression folks like this idea but no one has specifically said they are running this.

Yes, it was suggested by the silkscreen techs that it could form the first of the silkscreen inductions. Peter has provided the link and I have created the first stencil based on your recommendations. So it would be run by silkscreen techs as part of the first silkscreen inductions.

The workshop needs to be tested first which I’m doing today and tomorrow. If all is good a discussion among the @silkscreentechs will take place to arrange suitable dates structure and we should be able to announce May dates by Sunday.

Hope that is clearer. If that proves to be problematic, happy for you to go ahead with the printshop version. It just seemed silly to me to pay out when we have all the equipment here and a very close pretty much ready to go screen print area.

3 Likes

Um I didn’t suggest you was, my response wasn’t a retaliation. Just trying to be clear incase anyone also shared your thoughts.

So first test done. I will test screen burning tomorrow. The result isn’t amazing as the fabric is a little tricky took a fair amount of pulls but jersey cottob should work well.

7 Likes

Looking good! And looking forward to doing my own one.

Awesome work @StudioNelle and @silkscreentechs!

I’m not clear on where we’re supposed to register our interest – this thread, or the other one (Makerspace T-Shirt: 2nd Edition). So I’m going for both. I’m interested!

Always wanted to learn how to screen print! I’m in if there’s one going?

Plastisol ink cured in heat press comes out good!

2 Likes

Stick your name on this list: Silkscreen inductions / workshop

People on this thread will go at the top when I get near a laptop if you don’t beat me to it