Makerspace director election: call for candidates - closes Sunday

@members we’ve sent out an email to all members, and are pinning a copy here for convenience/visibility. The contents go like this:

Tom Newsom will be stepping down as Director on 16th October. This means we need to elect a replacement.

This will be the full legal position of Company Director, which has the powers and responsibilities defined in our Articles of Association.

In addition to the legal definition, the following jobs are currently done by the Director role:

• Deciding long-term strategy
  • Answering general email enquiries
  • Keeping financial records
  • Authorising expenditures greater than the £50 @role budgets
  • Authorising shutter access
  • Coordinating the @roles
  • Handling and ruling on Grievance issues
    You should be able to commit 5-10 hours per week to cover these jobs, and be able to make regular visits to the space (around 4 times per month).
    The governance process may change this scope in the future, but the legal definition will remain.

All candidates should provide a recognisable photograph of themselves and a short paragraph stating why they want the job. Send them in a Discourse message to @directors or email directors@southlondonmakerspace.org

Candidacy is open until midnight Sunday 8th October.

The election will be open on Monday 9th October, using the Instant Runoff method with RON (re-open nominations) as a candidate. Full voting instructions will be provided in a following email from OpaVote, the 3rd party who will handle the election

All votes are completely confidential; not even the Directors can view the ballots.

Voting will close at midnight Sunday 15th October, with the winning candidate taking up the position on the following Monday .

I haven’t received an email…

I have, so I am wondering if they forgot to update the list of members in mailchimp before sending.

I created a brand new list straight from the members site. I’ll check tonight for you two, to be totally sure, but the list has 254 entries, and there were 254 members when I sent the email.

Hmm, maybe they’ve gone to spam then for some people.

I haven’t received the email as well

Any other folders you can check? So far all of the members who haven’t seen the email have been on the Mailchimp list

There is a limit to how many emails you can send on mail chimp maybe that’s why?

98.2% of the emails were sent succesfully (2 bounces)

Sure but if we haven’t paid enough maybe it didn’t send to the whole list?

Successful deliveries 252 99.2%

They all got delivered

Found it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is weird , I can find it , what’s the email address from?

directors@southlondonmakrspace.org

Check your spam folder?
There’s nothing in it that isn’t in this thread, though.

Nope. Not received…

Can you check that emuboy85@gmail.com is in the list?

It is. All emails were copied directly from the members list at members.southlondonmakerspace.org

Well, I guess my email is lost somewhere :confused:

We have three candidates so far.

Anymore for anymore?

Yes, it can be a lot of work, and you may need to be prepared for a certain amount of ‘flak’, but we’re keen to work on both those issues.

You only need one if they’re any good…

1 Like