Makerspace Christmas Party 15th December 2018 planning Wiki

…if we’re having a BBQ…we need a BBQ…

We borrowed Ahmed’s last time. Is someone in the Space willing/able to ask him again?

1 Like

I can text him… not sure I’d be up for manning it in the cold…

Might we be best to use the toastie machine instead?

1 Like

I’m volunteered up for manning it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got a plan for decorating the fridge…

4 Likes

I can’t make it tonight - foolishly agreed to babysit for a friend - gutted! Hope you all have fun.

What is the verdict? Do we have a bbq? If so, who can bring a banger and a burger or three?

Yes, Ahmed dropped his trusty gas BBQ off yesterday – it’s missing a wheel, so the least we can do is fashion a new one?

I’m keen to try some of these ‘No Bull’ type veggie burgers…

1 Like

Damn! Can you come earlier/bring them to the kids laser cutter session?

1 Like

Weather forecast today is pretty wet – so not sure what we’ll achieve outside for setting up

We could get Max’s cars moved and set up my gazebo and see where we get to…we could hang LEDs if it’s dry enough under there

Thinking of heading over for 3 or 4 o’clock, depending on when others are rolling up?

@Stuart you okay to transport RoboBarman? We’ll need to choose drinks for this!

I’ve got a Booker’s Cash and Carry card to get crockery/cutlery, food/drink. It closes at 4:30 – who’s up for a shopping trip? We’d need to leave the Space at 14:30, and for someone to work out a rough shopping list…with no real idea how many people might turn up…

Decorations… could pick up Poundland stuff? Or fashion our own, what do people think? We could also ask @Howard if he has any of his special lights available, plus we can set up the projector…and we have boxes of LEDs strips if anyone was minded to string some around?

I’ll bring a battery powered PA to use for live music, meaning we can move it about quickly as needed

Anything else obvious?

Bar bot is bulky, if anyone near Camberwell or going past could offer a lift that would be appreciated, otherwise, I’ll find a zip car to transport it.

It holds 9 bottles of spirits.

Afraid I’m not going to make it so you’ll be treeless tonight. :frowning:

Damn! See you soon though

Five empty spaces on the Bar Bot

Pledge drive anyone?

Suggestions

Oh wow tonights gonna be difficult to remember

I’ll try find something random in cost cutter. Alcoholic obviously. Although I am hungry…

Is there going to be food?

Yes

2 Likes

Aubergine BBQ’d?

Mmm mmm

@peter_hellyer the BBQ King!

2 Likes

I would.

1 Like

It will last for eternity…as pure carbon

1 Like