Makers wanted for SLRaspberryJam event at Tate on 13th February

The youth group South London Raspberry Jam are looking for a couple of makers from SLMakerspace to run a simple activity representing the makerspace at their Celebration of Code event at the Tate Exchange for two hours (12-2pm) on Tuesday 13th February.

The envisaged activity would have visitors making, painting, and decorating colourful signage for the event. Perhaps with neopixel or other electronics decoration, perhaps with pre-lasercut alphabet characters.

Other ideas are welcome which would represent the makerspace and help explain to parents the potential of it.

Please email Grace at gowolade@gmail.com

@Dermot @Courty Ideas welcome.

The point of this is that they want the makerspace to be represented at their event as they are grateful that we have hosted them.

They are also keen to get parents aware of the concept of makerspaces.

Neill

This is on Tuesday. I’ve just had/got no time recently…

@Stuart or anyone else available to show a bit of Makerspacery stuff at the Tate this Tuesday?

I’m sure we can rustle up enough people to get creative with signage: a bunch of laser cut letters? Some blank signs? Batteries, paints, LEDs…and a but of Makerspace promo material.

Events like this are always fun, and great exposure for us…and encourages a new generation of makers.

Any idea of when it starts and how long it is on for?

(Ah, just seen on the top, 12-2) :wink:

I could dig out my tweeting printer,

Hi Stuart, that’d be cool! Please do drop Grace a line with the suggestion. She’s lovely!
gowolade@gmail.com

I’ll drop her an email. Who else will be there from SLMS??

1 Like