Make the Space - Sunday 13th December 2015

The plan for Sunday is to get a small nible team working on the wall to finish that off, while another team begins putting up batons for the lining.

Would be great to get all hands on deck for a big push before Christmas!

All welcome, new and old. Make The Space is a great time to come and get to know people, and lend a hand to making the space great!

From 11:00 please RSVP below…

@everyone

Attendees:
@peter_hellyer
Jan Evetts
Dermot
@david (light duty work only I’m afraid)

Materials:
(what materials we might need so they can be arranged)
300 mm dpc
Soft sand
Cement
2x 100 mm lintels (min length is opening+ 300mm

Measurements:
(any important measurements and links)
https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/lining-wiki-lets-pool-lining-knowledge-here/895

I’ll be there!

Can you Wikify this so we can list who’s going to be there all in one place in the main post, and very importantly, what materials we might need do that so that this can be arranged, plus any important measurements and links.

Discussion can be had here and any vital stuff added to top post, or Lining Wiki etc.

I’ve made the main post a wiki if people can add their name to the attendees list. I can’t do anything this week but hoping to get at least an evening in next week.

1 Like

Can we start on the lining this Sunday? From reading the lining wiki, it sounds like we need to clear floorspace…

1 Like

The lining requires some careful thought and preparation in terms of templates. If we get the right holes pre-drilled in each batten, it will make things go MUCH faster. I could try and work it out on paper, but it’s the sort of thing best done on site by holding things up against other things. @dermot knows the score.

Not too much to clear to get access to first section of north side. South side will be accessible when a few more courses of blocks are up and another pallet emptied.

All, I cannot recall what I signed up for. But I have to put it all on hold due to a recent injury. I,m going through now trying to update. Sorry.

I’m going via Screwfix so won’t be there at 11

Edit; picking up 300mm dpc

I’ve put some notes about lining work we did today on the lining wiki topic. (Not much I’m afraid)

Wall progress. Still going up as I speak!

3 Likes

That’s looking great :slight_smile: Outside corner keeping nice and vertical?

Excellent looking work. How high did you get tonight?