Line wobbler repair

I think the LW is an important part of SLMS history, and a generous donation from Robin, as well as being a recognised notable piece as seen in the V&A…on top of all that: it’s fun

For those reasons I think we can justify the costs of a replacement ‘screen’

Having it working for the Maker Festival will definitely be a crowd pleaser

@Kyle and @asander1 I believe have the best insight on this, and what’s needed?

What’s the specification for the LED strip?

I can find it but it was not off the shelf since it was very high density - Robin said he could send us one, I will follow up with him on it since we have budget!

3 Likes

Excellent – is this in progress?

Yes! We will paypal Robin and he is sending the screen on the 5th as soon as he is back home…

1 Like

Wonderful!

Any sign of the screen?

Hey everyone -

Line Wobbler is back! With a pro-install this time to protect the LED strip from getting damaged…

It has it’s own tool page now - super fun game! Enjoy!

3 Likes

Thank you @Kyle and @Andy for installing it. It’s now in some secure aluminium channels fixed to the wall.

I can only recommend giving it a go! It’s a lot of fun!

Thank you @Robin_B for providing us one one of your wonderful creations!

1 Like

Hey all!

You may have noticed Line Wobbler is currently going backwards… turns out it just needs re-calibration…

This is popular at open evenings (ie. tonight!), so if anyone is up for a tea break fix, here are the steps:

There’s a setup mode that you can activate right after switching on the game:

1. Switch the game on, and within 2 or less seconds, press the reset button
  2. The game should start beeping, it’s now in setup mode! The first setting is volume. Bend the stick back or forward to de- or increase the volume.
  3. Press the button again to go into the direction setting . Bend the stick in the desired forward direction, hold it there while you switch the game off.

More in-depth explanation here: http://linewobbler.com/setup

Cheers!
Andy

2 Likes

Will do this tonight.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks Mark!

It’s a good idea to make it a bit quieter as well. Last open evening, a child was playing it and it was super loud, it was very difficult to talk to visitors, I didn’t have the heart to tell the kid to stop playing it. :smile:

1 Like

It’s working now like expected, but I’m afraid the volume was on the lowest setting already…

3 Likes

Thanks Mark!!