Lego storage & play table

I made this unit from one sheet of 18mm Medite MDF. The top is a bit of cheap ply I had spare and the back is 3mm MDF I also had spare. I used pocket holes & screws and glue for the assembly. We painted the play surface with two coats of emulsion then lots of different brown & green acrylics to make a forest floor effect, then sanded flat when we discovered that Lego figures couldn’t stand up on some of the bumpy bits of acrylic, then finished with two coats of PVA glue mixed with water. The backdrop picture is acrylic on card which sits in slots on the sides of the MDF back, so it can be reversible if we want to change it. Lots of people helped - thanks to @jackiekeane @joeatkin2 and @lewisss

7 Likes

Photos are in a random order. One is testing an improvised right-angle clamping arrangement for drilling the pocket holes, made of a scrap piece of MDF. This was my first time using pocket holes and it worked very well.

Whoa! That’s awesome! well done!

Thank you. :blush:

And now that it’s finished and in use, there will never again be Lego scattered all over the floor. Idea vs reality…

8 Likes

nice indeed

1 Like

Lucky lad :slight_smile: looks great !

1 Like

That’s hilarious😂

1 Like