LEDs for Wheelchair - Need help

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa495df6920> #<Tag:0x00007fa495df6768>

I occasionally work with a guy who does 360 stuff for Sky and others, I can ask him for a bit of guidance? I imagine the kit he uses is pricey though… What kind of quality image do you need? And what are you trying to capture in audio – general ambience?

Would be interesting to know high end stuff, I will probably be getting something cheaper.
360 is not a requirement but it would be pretty sweet. Even something with a wide field of view would be good.

I was looking at gopro stuff but I need to get audio some how. Enough to hear speech if needed, say from a bus driver 3 meters away next to a roadway.

Some of the GoPros do have audio… my mki does

Courty

I think the interesting aspect here might be capturing directional audio in a similar way that the 360 video is captured. So…does that already exist?

Isn’t that how Amazon Alexa works ? It’s got an array of 6 or 8 mics and uses DSP to pull the important bits out of the noise ?
Be quite cool to combine this idea with the 3D scrollable video idea !

Courty

1 Like

An array of mics was what occurred to me. I’ll contact Richard and see what is industry standard

Zoom H4n is a pretty inexpensive & popular field recorder. it has on-board stereo omni-directional microphones (with a wind sock you can put over it for outdoors), two XLR inputs if you want to connect something a bit more substantial like a professional mic, and a standard 1/4"/20 tripod thread so you can put it on a stand, a manfrotto clamp or anything else with a 1/4" tread.

1 Like

haven’t read up about these in a while but the newer H2n has 4 channel surround built-in for 360° VR

Yes, I know these.

Don’t know this one…interesting