Learn to mend your old clothes: Wednesday 22nd November 7pm - 9pm

Evening all

20th November - 27th November mark’s TRAID’s fourth annual Secondhandfirst Week, it is a celebration of the benefits of sourcing secondhand.

Already a Secondhandfirst convert I would like to share my knowledge with this community by hosting a repair cafe.

If you have a pair of jeans with rips and or tears, a holly jumper, a ripped leather bag, or an item of clothing that needs a general repair. Bring along your clothing or accessory on the night you will learn how to breath new life into a once lifeless item of clothing.

This is a drop in session from 7pm onwards.

No charge to members.

Hope to see you there.

3 Likes

sounds good, where is it?

1 Like

This sounds great!

I keep repairing my jeans only to have them rip again! Need help with my technique!

Just read the title - Weds 22nd! Adding to my calendar!

Cheers,
Andy

1 Like

Sorry I missed this.

To clarify the mend your old clothes will take place in the space on the 22nd in the makerspace along side the open evening.

Traid will not be hosting any events this year but you can read more about how to get involved here:

Sorry I just realised we don’t have an official secondhandfirst page. But lots info on the post above.

Amazing - see you there. I’ll bring some reinforecements for the jeans.

Darn - wish I could make this.

1 Like

This is on right now folks!!!

COming!!

Fixed my jeans! Thanks Chanelle!

2 Likes

How was it?

Unfortunately I couldn’t help much as was much busier with open evening than I had expected. From my line of sight the area seems busy and lot’s was going on. I let @StudioNelle get into more details.

Low turn out but both achieved what they set out to complete. Andy mended 2 pairs of jeans. And Sunita mastered how to find the grain in fabric and how to correctly cut and understand a commercial pattern.

Had a few people open evening come interested in what was happening.

I have left some bits behind in the textile area a couple of pattern cutting books, buttons, embroidery thread, needles, elastic, and standard thread. I will collect on the weekend, could manage to carry it all when it started to rain. I have left next to the iron in textile area.

Cheers

1 Like

Something came up last night, so the trousers will have to wait a little longer :confused: