[Last call] There is still time to add your name as a volunteer for the Festival this weekend - Counts towards shutter access!

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa499bd7528>

Volunteer this Saturday and/or Sunday as a helper in:

3D printing with @scday94
Woodshop with @mbg
Laser cutting with @Brendon_Hatcher
Textile with @TracyD - someone with sewing machine skills would be amazing!
Repair bikes with @EdwardE & @DaveLukes
Repair a Toaster and anything with a plug with @DaveLukes

2 Likes

Hello! I was waiting until I could work out some work commitments but now that’s figured out I can be available on Sunday only: I’ve only just received my induction on the laser cutter on Monday so I don’t know if I would just get in the way having not done a single project on it yet, but I’d be happy to try and help!

Alternatively I was going to throw my hat in to take photographs on the Sunday, I used to shoot events although I changed careers quite a few years ago I reckon I should be able to get something half decent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Photography be awesome especially with events background :slight_smile: Ill add you to the photography list

1 Like

Hi @Dorine, a new member here ( just process my payment today actually). Not sure if that’s ok to qualify for volunteering on Sunday but I have been in the space a couple of times and understand workshop/makerspace good practices & and conducts.

I have good knowledge and experience in Laser cutting and 3D printing but have not yet been inducted on your machines. I also have electronics skills enough to help with basics. Hope that I can help with anything and looking to make myself useful on Sunday.

2 Likes

Hi Mai,

Welcome to the space and thank you for volunteering so soon after joining! Ill add you to the list for Sunday getting you to help with 1 of @Brendon_Hatcher laser cutting workshop and maybe 1 tour, how does that sound?

Ill be in on Thursday 1-3pm if you want a chat :slight_smile:

No problem at all, I used to go to Reading Hackspace so i understand the help, tho i just want to be sure of the guidelines here. Yes, that’s sound great if @Brendon_Hatcher can induct me on it i make sure it won’t catch on fire.
Actually, I can also help out on Saturday morning, it’s just that i got commitments after 4:00. I’ll see you then. Sorry I can’t meet you earlier in the week unfortunately.

1 Like

I’ll be there for Restarter on Saturday. Can do something else on Sunday if required.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for helping @DaveLukes

Are you helping on bikes or repairing things with plugs?

Sorry for the extreme late notice, I don’t always know far in advance how shift patterns are going to work around childcare.

I’m available Sat morning or all day Sunday if anyone needs an extra pair of hands. I’ve got a VW Golf with roof racks too if it helps anyone.

Hi Niall,

Not an issue, everyone welcome :slight_smile:

We open to the public at 12 noon, so Sunday sounds like a better option for your schedule. Ill add you to the volunteers group please read through the posts there.

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/g/MakerfestSellers/messages

Thanks
Dorine

Great! I’ll bring the family on Sat afternoon, I’ll have my hands full wrangeling childern, but if there’s anyone there looking for a tour, and no one is available, they are free to come along with us. I’m no authority on the space however, I’m not sure what half the stuff does!

1 Like