Laser line thickness sign

@lasertechs
Just noticed the sign up for the laser settings … great

But noticed someone has written
“Line thickness - 0.01mm”

Not sure if this was supposed to be the thickness of the line in the file for cutting.

But if it is I believe it should be

0.001 inch or 0.025mm or hairline

I use .001mm to cut and works fine…

You sure that is mm and not inches?

What is recommended thickness for cut lines given on the induction?

I was told 1/1000 inch or 0.025mm

Mind you I am an old fella and maybe my memory is failing

1 Like

I also took a photo of this…

Also the one saying not to use fob? @systems I thought we were gathering information, even though interlock is not in play?

I usually use 0.001mm, and it works fine as well. Deffo mm, as I cant compute inches in my millennial brain.

1 Like

Always inches with me, old skool

Yes the fob should still be used.

The line thickness is not hugely important as long as it is thin enough for the software to recognise it as a vector line rather than a raster fill.

I use inches, but either way isn’t that sign wrong as it’s 0.001 mm or inches rather than 0.01?

1 Like

Yeah I don’t work in inches at all…

1 Like

If you go too thin in Inkscape and the model is bigger then a couple of cm’s, you can’t see it on the screen - about .05mm or 0.002in works for me (and my old eyes) and the laser cuts it fine !

Courty

2 Likes

It was me! I can never remember if it’s 0.001 or 0.1 or 0.025 or 0.25 mm or inches, looks like everyone on this thread has their own number,
and I found a thing online that’s what it should be (0.01mm) and 0.025mm wasn’t working for me (internet also suggested it was 0.025pt??).

As it wasn’t working and I didn’t notice the reason was my line thickness, I blamed tool control, hence my other post about my fob not working, so put a sign up saying fob not needed, to avoid others the confusion, lights are on but apparently it doesn’t need the fob?

Anyway, sorry for the confusion or if I stepped on any toes.

1 Like