Laser line thickness sign

(Mark Johnson) #1

@lasertechs
Just noticed the sign up for the laser settings … great

But noticed someone has written
“Line thickness - 0.01mm”

Not sure if this was supposed to be the thickness of the line in the file for cutting.

But if it is I believe it should be

0.001 inch or 0.025mm or hairline

(Nico de Jong) #2

I use .001mm to cut and works fine…

(Mark Johnson) #3

You sure that is mm and not inches?

What is recommended thickness for cut lines given on the induction?

I was told 1/1000 inch or 0.025mm

Mind you I am an old fella and maybe my memory is failing

(Dermot Jones) #4

I also took a photo of this…

Also the one saying not to use fob? @systems I thought we were gathering information, even though interlock is not in play?

(Pete Hellyer) #5

I usually use 0.001mm, and it works fine as well. Deffo mm, as I cant compute inches in my millennial brain.

(Dermot Jones) #6

Always inches with me, old skool

(Tom Lynch) #7

Yes the fob should still be used.

The line thickness is not hugely important as long as it is thin enough for the software to recognise it as a vector line rather than a raster fill.

(Esther Gladstone) #8

I use inches, but either way isn’t that sign wrong as it’s 0.001 mm or inches rather than 0.01?

(Nico de Jong) #9

Yeah I don’t work in inches at all…

(Paul Court) #10

If you go too thin in Inkscape and the model is bigger then a couple of cm’s, you can’t see it on the screen - about .05mm or 0.002in works for me (and my old eyes) and the laser cuts it fine !

Courty

(Neil Thomson) #11

It was me! I can never remember if it’s 0.001 or 0.1 or 0.025 or 0.25 mm or inches, looks like everyone on this thread has their own number,
and I found a thing online that’s what it should be (0.01mm) and 0.025mm wasn’t working for me (internet also suggested it was 0.025pt??).

As it wasn’t working and I didn’t notice the reason was my line thickness, I blamed tool control, hence my other post about my fob not working, so put a sign up saying fob not needed, to avoid others the confusion, lights are on but apparently it doesn’t need the fob?

Anyway, sorry for the confusion or if I stepped on any toes.