Laser Job Control Issues

Does anyone know why when setting up a laser job only one colour is operational?

I have 3 colours

Black: engrave
Blue: scoring cut
Red: cut

Only the engrave lines seem to generate a time index and therefore is engraved the rest ignored. I have tried setting up cut lines again, no joy, tested against someone else settings still no joy, switched on and off still no joy. Searched google and trotec no advice. Anyone had this issue and a scientific way of solving?

Many thanks

Go to ‘Printer preferences’ (the trotec printer dialogue box). half way down there are a few drop down menus on the left hand side, and ensure that it is set to colour and not ‘half tone’.

1 Like

2 Likes

Zoom into your job in JC. Is it pixelated? If your job was sent as raster, only engrave will work.

Other thing to check is line weights

This issue has stumped people in the past, and I have found that their settings are set to ‘Mono’ so only black is picked up.

1 Like

Amazing thanks for the prompt responses all seems to be ok now.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that sometimes not all the cuts get sent unless you press update before sending. Sounds like you’ve sorted it but for the benefit of others searching in future

What was the issue in the end?

Not a clue. Sorry. It was none of the above issues…it just worked 80% when I rebooted for the 3rd time, but not all cut lines showing. So moved to CoralDraw no issues, so quite possibly an inkspace issue.

1 Like

Could the issues be driver related, yesterday in my induction I ran a job before the induction with no issues, ran the same job again 20 mins later and the text I had only half appeared… redrew the path and submitted and only a different bit showed up.still not complete and not the same as the first offering… (using Inkscape)
Next job all fine again…

I would love to see a solution to this.

I was going to experiment to see if it had anything to to with scaling a fitting page to object, which are both things I’m in the habit of doing in Inkscape.

Did you restart the PC, and did that make any difference?