Laser Cutter probem

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa496d18750>

@lasertechs please help,
The laser cutter is off allignment , I received a hardware error E2000_138 illegal reference switch operation x axis

reset… now says the Interlock is open and won’t reset.

Hi
Make sure the front hatch (used to get access to the laser bed) is shut properly, and that you have touched into tool control.
Let me know if this helps
Martyn

Interlock issue is sometimes caused by the front not being fully closed after opening to e.g. remove the bed. If you opened that, try closing it very firmly. (Though that issue might perhaps have been dealt with and connection adjusted).

@lasertechs thanks for your quick reply… no luck… although the bed wasn’t placed correctly…continued to get error messages…
53-1139

Offset assigned to the job (anchor mode) causes it to go beyond the working area

Probably just as well, the extractor fan wasn’t working… joe got on the case… I am sure he will communicate his progress…
I hope it will be fixed tomorrow… please advise when you know more.
Thanks for your help
Darryl

53-1139 is not an error code, that’s the serial number of the laser :slight_smile:

Sounds like the laser gantry has been moved beyond the stop switched - if you turn off the laser and carefully move the laser gantry towards the centre of the beam. Close the laser lid and turn on the laser, it should hopefully re-home successfully.

I look forward to news on the extractor not working (it was working fine on Saturday if that helps)

Joe and I looked at it, it worked fine after turning everything off then back on (classic).

Also we should have a “room filling up with smoke? Ensure extraction is on” sign

1 Like

Great
The classic solution

I’ll knock up a sign on Wednesday

Why wasn’t the extraction on? It should turn on with the laser - was it turned off at the wall, where there’s the ‘don’t turn off’ sign already?

1 Like

nope, looks like it just didnt turn on. it all worked after a reset though

Odd - please keep me in the loop :slight_smile:

Was the main extraction switch turned on in the corner by the metal lathe in the messy room? If you are the first user of the day, it might not have been on.