Lamp making kits?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa495e81f98>

Hi guys,

I’m trying to make a lampbase with some stone and looking for lamp making kits. I’ve seen a few online but wanted to ask if anyone here has tried something like this before?

Looking to make something like this with brass pipe details, pleated lampshade and stone base. Currently I have the stone in the dimensions I want only.

The main thing with this might be how you drill into the stone. What kind of stone is it you have? If e.g. alabaster, it’s easy. Marble isn’t bad either. But you’d need a suitable drill bit and would need to do that outside.

If you aren’t 100% confident with electrical safety, best check it with someone who is.

If it’s of any interest, I’m trying out stone casting at the moment - one can make stonework from plaster or white cement or lime mixed with quartz sand, marble dust etc. That can be cast in a mould, which can be made using 3D printing. It can be virtually indistinguishable from stone.

1 Like

I made a lamp a couple of years ago with a kit from lampspares.co.uk in brass - turned out really well, as I didn’t have to worry about any of the electrical stuff

You just get the metal bulb fitting with a wire and plug attached, then secure it onto whichever lamp base & shade you’ve made / found :slight_smile:

1 Like