Knitting Machine Introduction

Might be a bit of a strange one but I’ve noticed that you seem to have a knitting machine but no mention of it or how to use it in the tools category (that I can find at least). Would one of the @textilestechs be willing to show me and anyone who might be interested how it works some time soon? I have a few project ideas that I’d love to try out with something that can knit rather faster than me.

I’d also like to be able to help with just general organisation here as a new member so if i can add something to make it easier for other people to use it in the future afterwards I’ll do my best to document how to use it and put it up for other people.

Thanks, Gilbert

Hey Gilbert!

I think @sabtab is who you need to chat to about the knitting machine.

If you’re interested in getting more involved in stuff, do feel free to come along to the members meeting in the space next Tueday evening and find out a bit more :slight_smile:

Cheers

Pete

Hi! Yes I can show you how to use the knitting machine, it’s a bit informal, but anyone who wants to learn how to use it can just give me a shout! I’m usually free on Monday mornings and possibly Friday/weekend day time. I hope that’s ok?

I would be interested in learning too if I can make the date

Monday morning would be great for me, I work on the weekends. I’m happy to try and find some time that both you and @beth can both do though!

Do I need to bring anything for it, I have no idea how much yarn it needs.

Cool! I’ve got yarn you can practice on, but if you want something specific you need 4 ply yarn on a cone if possible otherwise there’s a winder. Also it’s a bit of a learning curve!

Don’t worry about me, the next Monday I have off is 5th Feb. I’m not in a rush to make a project

I can do Sunday after five if that’s any better / doable for the both of you?

Otherwise what time on Monday, 9:30 any good? I don’t have any yarn on cones so I think I’ll have to use a little of yours and get some for any more experiments.

I’m also keen to learn if there’s space and available Monday morning…

I’d love to come watch as well :slight_smile:

Weirdly Sundays are a bit harder as they are my one day off so I am booked up with plans until 3rd December. November is just a very bad month for me as I am working on a production so really don’t wait for me.

Are you around either on Saturday or early-ish Monday this week? Would love to get on this and not do my usual trick of being excited then forgetting all about something…

1 Like

I second for earlyish monday if its convenient for you sab. :slight_smile:

Thirding for Monday morning if it suits!

Hi, so sorry about the late reply, I will be in this morning (Monday) from 10 to 1.30 if anyone can make it?

Otherwise I can do next Monday

I’ll try and be there at ten! I think I can only stay for a little bit today but damn it I’m showing my head.

Did I miss this? If not, let me know when it is and I would like to listen in :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I went and had a far too brief introduction as I was double booked. I’m going to attempt to document learning how to use it and try to put up a page on the equipment wiki as I go.

It seems like something that really benefits from experimenting but I’ll be happy to try and do that with other people some time soon.

2 Likes

I’m available next Monday morning if you want to look in