Japanese saw bent

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa498cabba8>

Hi @woodtechs,

I bent one of the Japanese saw blade while cutting ( I bumped into the piece of wood).
If there any replacement or something else I can do?

The saw it’s back in its place now.
Let me know

Federico

3 Likes

Accidents happen.

Feel free to replace it if your finances allow, if not I’m sure it’ll be replaced at some point

Happy to… But I don’t know where to find it and if it’s a particular blade I need to buy.
Any details?

Fed

2 Likes

Will have a look at it when I am back in London at the end of the week

:slight_smile:

think it’s this one
not 100% sure though

1 Like

Hey Federico, the @woodtechs will replace the saw, as Joe mentioned, accidents happen.

Just a reminder to everyone that Japanese saws are more delicate than Western saws, you can’t go at a piece of wood like you would a Western saw. Our Western saws are very sharp and more than adequate for any task, whereas the Japanese saws work best for finer, more accurate work, like cutting dovetails.

But nonetheless, glad people are using the new space :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well I would be happy to buy and replace it since I broke it, just let me know.

Federico

1 Like

A good point well made. We should emphasise that more that that everyone should learn to use a European saw and we should have a good stock of hardpoints for day to day stuff.

The easy accessibility of Japanese saws means that people tend 2 to pick them up first and then get in the Habit of using pull saws for everything.

I joke about this being cultural appropriation. But the reality is we live in Europe and there’s a cheap and plentiful supply of European saws.

2 Likes

Ok… Fine… I used the fancy wrong saw for the purpose… But I made amends by sawing another 30cm block with a European saw for 2 hours… Ask @lewisss and Steve ( I don’t know the name on discourse) they are still laughing I think…

I wonder if this is the reason why the knives place in arch 2 is like twice my height… Children safety, right?.. That’s unfair…:slight_smile:
I should have a step ladder for me… and it has to be made from scratch by a very tall person!!!
Steve… Whenever you want to start the project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for raising the height issue. The reason we’re doing the french cleats is to work around our members and adjust accordingly. The knives high up is just to keep everyone on their toes though. :slight_smile:

We’ll be putting the most used tools at an easily accessible height, but for now, everything is just up in a place to get things up and visible. We’ll probably ask for feedback re the layout once people have started using the space more frequently.

2 Likes

Come on … Admit it… The only reason the big CNC was not on top of its enclosure was because it’s too heavy! But yesterday there was a step ladder suspiciously close to it… You tried, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

New blade on the way… But the delivery is in a week…

Federico

2 Likes

New blade replaced!

Don’t break this time, ok!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Federico

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks Federico for replacing!!

Thanks Federico.