It's time to go, folks

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a0fb7718>

It’s been 7 years since I became an electrotech and it’s time for me to leave the role with immediate effect.

In this 7 years I saw many people going through the arches, helped hundreds of people at the electronic nights, called many of you friends, every thursday night is been an adventure, broken radios, wonderful and weird projects, an harp (?) and many more I cannot remember.

But it was hard, keeping the benches clean, the infinite responsability of keeping the light on, the show going, even during lockdown, organizing the electronics nights on discord just to see familiar faces once a week, keep the consumable fed, organise the donations, keep the enthusiasm going.

Seven Years.

I was hoping to leave the post in a more favourable position, I have been looking for someone with the same passion for a very long time but sometimes, you have to force the change.

To you, future @electrotechs , I say, good luck, and have fun.

I want to thanks every one of you that had a nice word for me, who has treated me as a friend, and thanks to everyone who has been supporting me in this mad endevour, the other techs, like @Courty, @Iain9986, @electronoob and the stratospherically helpful @Laura_Barlow which stand, right now, as sole tech.

I’m going to use this possibility to reminds to everyone that the SLMS it’s a place of community, a place of collaboration, people come here to build stuff, make sure you remember to build bridges as well, to respect people and remember that people give you power, not titles.

I will be around, maybe more, now that I don’t have responsabilities anymore, but I will only be plain simple Andrea.

Good night everyone.

16 Likes

🫡

1 Like

Thank you Andrea, for everything you’ve done for the makerspace and keeping the electronics nights going.

2 Likes

Thank you! I don’t go to many but enjoyed immensely those I did attend.

1 Like

Thanks Andrea for all the hard work and dedication over the years!!!

1 Like