Is there a textiles induction?

Would like to use the overlocker please.

Hi, I am not a textiles tech but am very familiar with overlocker use and could give an induction if textiles techs don’t mind?

Thanks, Anna

Aren’t we looking for a new tech after @boldaslove stepped down?

That would be great! I have a rough idea how one works, so hopefully won’t take too long.

Ok grand. I am only free in evenings and weekends at the moment; let me know when suits and we can plan a short session and see if anyone else wishes to join in.

Don’t mind volunteering to be a textiles tech if needed.

I’d love to attend if there’s space - never used an overlocker but seems like they could be super useful - have sewing experience and am free fairly often.

Yes please, i’d be interested to learn

I’m free Tuesday, or Thursday, or the weekend.

@textilestechs ?

Weekend might be best…

That’s super nice if Anna you’re ok with showing how to use the over locker but if you’re too busy I can also do it but day time only

I need to learn how to use the sewing machine/gadgets that will help me make a tarpaulin cover for my bench. If that sort of thing will be shown, count me in too!

We haven’t been running any inductions as it is pretty hard to cause any major injury with the machines and many people are already familiar, but I /we happy to show people how to use machines as and when (easiest probably just to PM / post to textiletechs). If there is a lot of demand for this, we could look perhaps look at an optional basic intro to the machines?

@DAC17 I’m happy to arrange a time to go over the sewing machines with you. And thank you for helping @cocciadferro

That’s awesome, thank you. Have basic knowledge, but haven’t used one in a while, so can’t remember my bobbins from my elbow!

Oh, when I asked in the space I was told there was an induction you had to do. I know my way a standard sewing machine, would be good to learn the overlocker and electronic one tho

Inductions are only required if the tools is dangerous or easy to break. None of the textiles equipment falls under this definition :slight_smile:

1 Like

@cocciadferro or @Esther_Gladstone are either of you in the space this weekend?

Sorry to reply so late… no, not in the space this weekend. Will get back to you shortly with some possible times. Thanks.