Introducing myself

Hey all!

My name is Des, short for Desmond. (He/him/they/them)
I’m 24 (soon to be 25) and I emigrated to England in January 2020.

I’d like to call myself a creative person, I come from two creative parents, one a writer and the other an artist of a lot of trades. I currently work full-time as a sort of translator, and I speak a few languages (which I’m also more than happy to assist with by teaching!) I graduated as a secretary a few years ago, and I’d like to say that I’m pretty good at admin stuff.

I’m hopeful that when I get to join yall I’ll be able to contribute to a happy and fun environment and help out where I can to make the space an even better place.

I’m currently self studying UX (Design and research) and have created some flyers for non profit organisations to help spread awareness on topics. I’d love to learn more myself about UX, coding and anything else I can get my hands on. I would like to learn sewing so I can make clothes myself, and would like to upcycle clothing so it can be donated to people who need it.

Thanks! I can’t wait to meet all of you

Des

2 Likes

Very cool! Welcome to the community!

Keep an eye on the Events Category for Open Evenings when you can come check out the space!

I am hosting one this Wednesday if you can make it:

Cheers!