Info about the digital clock at the entrance of the space

Hello there,

I’m after the same 7 segment digits that have been used for the digital clock in the space, but I’m struggling to find them. Do you know where they came from and if I can still buy them (in green)? @admins

Many thanks!
Michele

The digital clock on the blackboard in the social area was bought, not made, if that is the clock you are referring to.

Thanks Andrew,

Yes that’s the one I’m talking about! I’m interested in getting the digits only, maybe I could take one apart. Do you know where it was bought from?

Many thanks,
Michele

I’m pretty sure it’s this one.

Thanks Tom you are a star! That would be good, I also found it in green. Let’s see if I can take the digits apart!

Michele

Save you the effort of doing that, they are just perspex in front of LED strips.

However you can buy large 7 segments from Sparkfun, or loads of Chinese websites…

Or make them yourself, the depth is made out of folded metal but you could do the same with by folding either thin ABS or PVC sheet or heat folding Acrylic or Polycarbonate around a wooden template and using some plastic weld to join the edges.

Hey Tom,

thanks for the advice! I knew about the Sparkfun ones, but the do them only in red and I need green. I had bought those from Seeed studio, 8inch in green but they are too big.

I am trying to make thme myself, but wouldn’t know where to start with the way you describe! I am trying to 3D print them at the moment!!

Many Thanks,
Michele

Thin pieces of PVC can be folded around a wooden form of a segment?

I think I’d laser cut a few layers that would sandwiche together with the LEDs in between them.