Industrial Sewing Machine? Where is it?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa497888270>

We can give another chance - but with some kind of time limit?

It hasn’t worked right in years, and everytime I try to use it I spend all my time messing with it and not doing my project - so i give up and use a more reliable machine…

So maybe a month or 2 to sort it or get rid?
Thoughts?

1 Like

I’m with you on this, personally to “upgrade”. I also get bad tempered with not actually stitching stitches. Other makers have said they would be sad to see the Singer go.

Yes 2 months sounds like a plan, so Brian will pay for the repair but then there are details as to whether Brian is willing to risk it. At least I can action the repair sooner now, so getting past the decision fatigue

Can this industrial sewing machine go through leather? Brian’s comment mentions the current “broken” one is capable of doing it. I’m assuming this one will also be able to do leather?

Yes the new machine can sew leather.

3 Likes

This is what I will raise tonight, do we have room for this special item in the future if we can indeed have it restored, paid for by Brian who has volunteered, and another member has suggested a two month trial over this machine. He has formerly run into problems using it.

4 Likes

It’s back!

2 Likes

And not even a mention for carrying the beast down 4 flights of stairs!

2 Likes

Yes! It is heavy!

The 4 flights of stairs didn’t help! But @Kyle and @Jack_MH did!

It needs some setup including a load of sewing machine oil in the reservoir before use…

3 Likes

And @Julia on pizza support!

1 Like

Thanks very much for your effort! We will take great care of this machine.

1 Like

@Lauren We may need to do a consumables session to buy machine oil if necessary. On the agenda for our soon meeting?

1 Like

I’m booked to come in next Thursday. Is this equipment parked somewhere convenient for now?

1 Like

Sewing machine oil is already ordered :slight_smile:

We moved some stuff around to fit it in the sewing area.

3 Likes

HUZZAH!! Look at that beautiful beast!

Thank you SO much @asander1 @Kyle @Jack_MH and @Julia !!! You guys are the best!

And thanks for getting the oil already as well. Can’t wait to take it for a spin. Thanks again!!

3 Likes