Induction for the Woodshop

Hello @woodtechs, is their anyone free one evening this week to inducted me on the miter saw, table saw and the router? I’d like to use the wood shop this weekend if possible.

Thanks

Alex

Would be great if I can tag along too! I’m free tonight and Thurs.

Hi both - could I suggest you add yourselves to the basic woodworking induction list (under admin -> inductions)? This covers mitre saw among other things, as well as basic workshop safety.

Tablesaw and router are currently limited to use under tech supervision only as we’re still implementing tool control.

That said if you’ve got projects you’re keen to get on with, techs will try to facilitate getting started with these.

1 Like

You can bribe woodtechs with beer and food.

1 Like

Who are the wood techs these days offering supervision?

Any update on progress with tool control a d the next stage inductions.

Cheers

Haha noted. I’m sure I can stretch to some Canopy beers.

Will any tech’s be in this Saturday between 11:00 to 14:00, i just need 5 planks cut on the table saw.

Giving this a bump

@woodtechs have promised to give some clarity here

At the last members meeting it was clear some members have been given next level inductions and yet there’s no clear path to this. Access to tools needs to be equal across the membership

We’re looking for members with relevant experience to put a rocket under this – and will have a meetup of potential new techs and inductors in the next few weeks

@woodtechs will any of you be available this Friday coming, Im free for the whole day I just need 5 planks cut on the table saw. I can setup the saw ready for the cuts, just need help with the cutting.

I’m new to this and just signed up for membership. I am mainly a wood worker and would like to get the necessary inductions to be able to use the wood-workshop. Is there anything on the plan soon? After yesterday’s visit I understand that there are 2+ inductions, one for hand tools, one for power tools and one for each of the more dangerous machines.

I’d also like to get inducted on the wood work tools please :slight_smile:

Hmmm, yes, inductions…!

Me too please

me too please :slight_smile:

Hi All,
Reviving this thread - is there any chance I could have an induction this week / over the weekend from any of the @woodtechs ?
I’ve be keen to learn how to use the miter saw, table saw and the router, if possible
Huge thanks in advance for your help
Travis

I will try and do one in the next few weeks

1 Like

I’d be grateful if I could join this too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Travis,

You’ll need to get your name on the “Basic woodwork foundation Induction” list and do that one first.