I have had a fantastic idea but no idea how to implement it

Only other think I can think of is RFID stickers.

1 Like

Yea we now have the final list of machines, I will post a plan!

1 Like

What I like about this particular shadow board is that the “shadows” are printed paper, not sharpie marker on the wood itself. The collection of tools will change all the time so it’s nice to be able to change the shadows to match.

4 Likes

I’m thinking a good step towards something like this would be logging all the tools in the messy room shelving. Just a simple spreadsheet with an item list, it’s location within the space, date checked and an optional photo. I’d probably use a Google form to quickly submit items to the spreadsheet. Do we have anything of this sort for hand tools at the moment? And would it be worth me doing?

I say just the messy room shelving for now as that seems like an achievable task for one person in a day.

Unfortunately the locations of things often swap and shift but here’s an inventory Julia and I made last year: List of Metalworking Tools. It covered the whole metal area and messy room tool storage at the time. A good chunk of this will shift to the metal shop as part of the move.

It is of course entirely up to the @electrotechs but I field a fair number of queries about where to find components/do we have x. It would be helpful to have pictures what is in each large scale container with some sort of search.

I am a big fan of shadow boards and Kaizen foam for after the move!

1 Like