I am Darren

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa496529468>

Hello All, I am Darren from Vassal Ward in Brixton.

I am a keen photographer and volunteer my skills to NGO outfits that suit my lifestyle.

I am also a very keen woodworker, looking to make my own furniture, and expand my skills.

I have quite a good toolset but I have incredible anxiety about making noise in my own home as I am super considerate of my neighbours.

I thirst to use the tools I have not yet got in my kit, like a bench planer/thicknesser, bandsaw and pillar drill.

I like to scour the local areas bin spaces to get the gems of components from thrown out furniture. I walk with a sack truck to pick up the bigger things, and have some materials build up that I would like to turn into my own furniture.

Looking forward to my first visit. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Darren,

It sounds like you’ll love the new, bigger woodshop. If you haven’t already been to the space, we have an Open Evening this Wednesday between 7pm and 9pm. Just pop down any time and someone will show you around and answer any questions you may have.

Take care,

Glenn

1 Like

Thank you Glenn, I am planning on popping by for my first visit on Wednesday. See you then. Bye for now.