Humongous 3D Printer

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa495824da8>

Your determined to have a makerspace long weekend camp out! This might be a good machine for a large diameter nozzle.

Hi :sunglasses: consider me moved in lol. D=

Here!

Thanks for clearing the space :+1: I’m out of the country this week on a last-minute family trip, but will organise to bring it over sometime next week.

2 Likes

Yess! Thanks @futureshape!

2 Likes

Thanks @danielbenton for driving to pick this up with me :slight_smile:

@3dtechs I’ll happily make a tool page for this with all the info I have for it so far, unless you’d rather do it yourselves?

4 Likes

What a unit!

1 Like

That’s a beast.

That would be really helpful. Let us know when it is ready and we will review it. And thanks again for the donation!

2 Likes

I don’t think it liked that benchy, unfortunately - we may need to order a new magnetic plate!

Just managed to spend all the budget on the resin printer. if we do need one it will need to wait until next month now. Please hold fire on this machine, I know it has been checked over by Alex but we need give this a full once over before it gets used by all. it will also need its full tool page made before it goes into general use.

2 Likes

Yeah, I managed to make a mistake in saving the z-height adjustment and got to damage the plate. I think it’s quite cheap, I might get one anyway.

The other thing it needs is a rod to hold the filament (sitting on top of the 2 protruding arms)

3 Likes

I turn it on for fun yesterday and oh my god, the interface it’s not colourblind friendly, white text on light blue background, I couldn’t read anything…

Found a replacement build plate @3dtechs

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjUk67F78f_AhWRwXcKHXiRAaYYABANGgJlZg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESbOD20m1RgpvYFim8HIwDkMVYV7r_Awr7woa7LcMNAv8Wf3SGnTJSCNqOKW9z1M1_k1g-pDT5hwB9Dvtn0dIS0N5y19g3NrISJdHcboSsY0-Y5BoC2O3nVS5_KpGLnCVdk9WOBOkvepz_ElnrRQ&sig=AOD64_2-lRwjvST_GsPi8ELqfH0mjJ290g&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjL46bF78f_AhXQwKQKHVB8BqUQwg8oAHoECAMQEQ&adurl=

1 Like