How to set the clock?

Does anyone know how to set the clock on the clean room? Or what it’s called, so I can Google it?

I’m happy to create a tool page for it.

That clock was the only permanent beacon in the makerspace where everything spins around… Can we have it back please? I feel lost without it… ( And i lost my bus yesterday for the same reason)

There’s a remote for the clock (sic) hanging on the rope next to the chalkboard

Yes, I’ve seen that, but couldn’t work out how to use it to set the time.

I don’t remember exactly, but it is microwave style - you press some button on it and then adjust/type in numbers for hours and minutes.

I’m not in front of it now, but… I managed to find a combination of buttons that made me feel like I was entering the date and time, but when I got to the end, I couldn’t find a button that saved what I entered — everything I tried just reset things back to zero.

Now that I’m not using a phone, I’ve done a bit more searching, and it looks like the expert might be @unknowndomain — Tom, can you remember how it works? And could you write it up somewhere please?

I think the remote is on a string next to it. I haven’t touched it for years unfortunately.

As I understand it, the clock was affected by some kind of short that happened in the clean room on Thursday that tripped the breakers. The clock, along with everything else, lost power momentarily. I’m not sure exactly how but it seems like whatever happened may have damaged the clock’s circuits somehow.

I’ve tried this morning to get the clock working. It does respond to the remote, but the time and date doesn’t seem to change at all no matter what I do with the controls. I’ve set the time with ease in the past but now it seems broken. I found some operating instructions of a similar clock and remote that describe the same button labels, but still nothing. Currently the only useful thing it can do is display the ambient temperature.

Maybe it’s as simple as a component just needs replacing but other than that I think it might be dead and need replacing. I invite other people to give it a try before it comes to that.

1 Like

While up there, please take great care not to erase the WiFi name and password, as written in chalk by @unknowndomain on the first day the network was turned on.

3 Likes

I didn’t realise that was still there. We should probably clear coat it if it’s lore?

2 Likes