How many chairs for the classroom?

@Brendon_Hatcher how many chairs do we want to have for the classroom? We can’t easily store all of them…

Thanks!
Andy

My thinking is:

1. Measure up the clean room area, canteen tables and chairs for the various configurations and determine the optimal number of canteen tables and chairs to keep.
  2. Determine how many chairs to use in the textiles area once they have the 2 big tables.
  3. Determine any other chair needs (e.g. electronics and 3D printing).
  4. Get rid of the rest.

Then:

1. Wait for the gorilla to exit the space.
  2. Move the 2 big clean room tables into the textile area.
  3. Setup the most normally-useful canteen table and chair arrangement.
  4. Store enough chairs to match other canteen table configurations.

I need to know the table dimensions and get a viable floor plan of Clean Room (I have the PDF of the arches, but it just crashes Inkscape when I try to ungroup everything). I can then do the configurations and calculations. Alternatively, I suspect the person who made the existing floorplan would be better placed to help me map out the canteen tables and chairs. Can you tell me who did it?

I have measured the space, tables and chairs.
I’ll start working on configurations.

1 Like

Cool, yea propose some configurations / layouts.

I don’t see how the current clean room tables will work at in Textiles, maybe without the leaves? But i haven’t measured at all! - the Gorilla is 90% in the 3D printing area…

So maybe consider some configurations using the existing tables - but split apart?

Cheers,
Andy