How can I help with financing

Hi,

I’m a new member, waiting to be offered a spot on the woodworking induction so I can start to use the space.

In the meantime, I think the main way I can contribute to the space is help with the finances. I’m an ACA accountant, although I don’t work in practice anymore (I’m a commercial accountant currently).

Who do I need to get into contact with? I’ve looked around Discourse and can’t find a reasonable place to ask?

Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this post…

5 Likes

Hi Toby,

Part of my role is effectively SLMS treasurer

We should arrange a chat as this is a pivotal time for us financially with the new arch…

1 Like

Its good to see a new member who seems to understand how the space works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Dermot,

I’m free any evening next week, when will you be around?

I’m sure I can help ease the pressure from you.

2 Likes

Great timing Toby! We were discussing at the most recent members meeting and directors meeting that we would benefit from reviewing some of our financial procedures, and creating some effective policies.
I can be around any evening this week ot next week - will pick up the arrangements by DM.

2 Likes

Hi Tom,

Sure thing, let me know when works.

1 Like

It would be great to get an update on this.
How are things going Toby? Did you manage to get any feedback on this yet?
How are things progressing?

Hi Paul,

We had a meeting where we discussed a few things… Accounting software, filing requirements etc.

Where we left it, I believe we said the directors would send a few bits of information (on costs, revenues, member numbers etc), so I could do some analytical work to determine a few things (tax consequences of scaling up etc.), but I didn’t receive anything.

Happy to still take a look though.

1 Like