Here we go again! Sunday 27th March 11:00 - 16:00 + BBQ o'clock? Arch and alley meet up

From what I see only the canister with gas, 27mm nozzle max 16bar propane canister. Everything else is here. Not needing a big one, small will last forever here.

OK, I’ll go to gas bottle place in Wimbledon on Saturday and buy a bottle and show them the photo, not an expert in this stuff but if I show them the picture I suppose they’ll know what to sell to me :slight_smile:

I just googled for gas bottle suppliers? If you have recommendation nearby then I can go wherever?

They sell it at Croxted motors at the petrol station, I’ll check with them later today! Might be able to just walk it down, lol. Will keep ya posted, thanks for this!

1 Like

OK, nice one! :slight_smile:

I’m at the space tonight for Woodshop inductions so if you can’t carry it then just buy it or let them know and I can collect on my way there later?

1 Like

They stopped selling them, but at the bottom of Milkwood rd at the petrol station they have the big one for 50£, I’m inclined for looking for a small one.

1 Like

Sounds fun, I’ll try to join for the first couple of hours!
Are medium sized well behaved dogs allowed to join? I’m looking after a friend’s this weekend.
Happy to work outside so the dog stays out of harms way :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Ian

1 Like

This sounds fun! I’ll probably come down too - anything I should try to bring? - otherwise I’ll bring some Non-Vegetarian burgers / buns / cheese.

1 Like

All of that sounds very good!

1 Like

So what’s your decision on the gas bottle? If it is £50 then why not just get that?

If you want me to buy one then I’ll need to do it Saturday and drop it off because I might not even make it to the BBQ on Sunday if Im back too late so I can’t really bring it with me because it will be too late?

1 Like

@petra is a dog lover so this shouldn’t be an issue!

1 Like

I’ll probably bring mine too!

1 Like

Hi,

Not really sure what you are ‘liking’?

Are you going to go ahead and buy the £50 bottle from the local shop or do I still need to get one?

If this is just about carrying it from the shop to MakerSpace then I can either do that on Saturday or use my car, just let me know one way or the other because don’t mind how it gets done

I have no burning desire to go searching around for shops to find one if we just need the transport and you know where to get one?

I’d think yes, get either? Small better for storage, but they seem to be short of them in Herne hill. Unless you’d see petrol station near you that has it, the one at Milkwood road just off Herne hill has the big ones. Go for it.

1 Like

One thing we have to think off is that we can’t store the bottle inside the arches and as far as I understand we can only store it outside in a lockable gas bottle cage.

Yes, I think we need to leave it outside…

1 Like

Well, we have argon at metal too… Hence thought a small one would do better.

Argon is non-flammable so is fine inside the arch…

1 Like

+1 to all of this. Happy to join :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright, got a bottle just now. @smjmaker you don’t need to get any, thanks for offering to drive your car though!

1 Like

Great :+1: nice one, thanks for letting me know

1 Like