Help with lasercutting Monday Morning?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49750d898>

Hi, It’s Sam (the guy who will be doing EL paint workshops hopefully soon).

About a week ago I lasercut some stuff in the space under Dermot’s supervision but unfortunately
one set of pieces has cracked due to some alcohol I was cleaning pieces with and now it’s a bit of a last
minute rush to finish the project.

If anyone will, or could be around first thing in the morning (any time from about 7-9, the earlier the better) to supervise for 15 mins whilst I cut a couple more pieces of acrylic that would be much appreciated as I am meant to be installing these pieces on a boat in Southampton ideally late morning.

Many thanks
Sam

Hi Sam,
I can be there between 8 and 9. I will give you a shout when I’ll be leaving the house. ?

1 Like

Hi Petra
I’m in Windsor so will need to leave 1h 30 to 2h in advance. I can aim to get there for 8 and if I have to wait around not a problem, I’ll have my laptop.

I really appreciate that, will see you in the morning. I’ll message you my number.

Sam, are you a member?

My understanding was tools were for members only, and the laser cutter should only be used by people who have been inducted, regardless of prior experience.

Hi Tom
Speak with Dermot. That’s why I was asking for someone who’s inducted to use the lasercutter.
Thanks, Sam

Yes, of course: Sam has been at the Space with me as my guest, but as I couldn’t be around was looking for someone to help him out

This relates to this members-only thread, which makes the situation clearer. It was also discussed in the Space and a few members had already offered to help Sam out, Petra included