Help with a small repair?…

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a384f1d0>

Hello - I have two tin openers requiring repair of the hinge/pivot joint/bolt. They’re heavy / solid steel and too good to throw in the recycling. Thanks in advance for any replies. Adrian

Any pictures Adrian?

Hi Jonathan - many thanks for your reply. Image attached. Hopefully this illustrates the problem? Adrian

Ok, so it looks like the pin just failed, how was the pin originally connected, it doesn’t look threaded? I’m guessing it was just pressed in. It looks like both bits are there for both openers. We could just turn a new pin big enough to press in… I’m assuming these are both 304 stainless steel?

Thanks again, Jonathan - Yes, I think that’s exactly right. Both openers have both original pins, but they don’t remain attached for some reason. And you’re also right that they are not threaded. So either a fix to the existing or a new pin would work. I would guess they’re stainless steel. They’re heavy. Is this something you might be able to help with?

Hi Jonathan - I wonder if you can point me to someone who may be able to help repair the openers we previously exchanged details about, please? Many thanks, Adrian