Hardware error: Laser Cutter

Hi @lasertechs

When using the laser cutter above 60% speed today I noticed that it began to judder and then halted, displaying the following error: Hardware error E2000_147 occurred: Tracking error on y-Axis. All the lights flashed on the control panel and there was a beep. After switching off and on again the error cleared but the fault persisted when trying to cut at higher speeds.

It was fine at slower speeds (5%). I didn’t try speeds higher than 5% so I don’t know where the speed threshold is for the problem (and sadly, I didn’t have time today to experiment).

I googled the error but couldn’t find much. One person suggested it may be a sensor issue but I don’t really want to mess around with something I don’t understand very well.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for contacting us. Please stick an out of order sign and we will come and fix it.

Were you by any chance cutting at the top right side of the bed?

2 Likes

I spoke with Trotec about this.
They said it is just an emergency cutout when someone sets the speed too high.

One possible cause is that Ruby appears to use 0-100% for engraving and 0-1 for cutting (e.g. 0.8).
If you set the speed to a large whole number, it goes over the limit.
There is quite a lot of guesswork in the preceding 2 sentences :slight_smile:

1 Like

@petra no it was the top left part of the bed I was using.

@Brendon_Hatcher, that’s interesting. Didn’t know that.

I will try it at lower speed which worked fine after @Glennbo and I saw the error - unless @lasertechs you object?

If engraving near the top left at high speed and the machine stops with all the lights flashing, you have most likely hit the end stop. When the trotec tech was last in, he was having some issues resolving that exact issue. I think he bent the trigger slightly to resolve the issue but don’t think it fully rectified the issue…