Halloween pledge drive Saw ,saw2, saw3,saw4…

Seeing how we have some very good wood workers in the membership, the one thing we are lacking is decent western saws.
I would like to start a pledge drive to get some in!
In my opinion the veritas range of saws represent the best value for money
And depending on how much is raised I would like to suggest we get them in this order.

Target 1
£80 raised
Veritas dovetail saw 14tpi (rip cut) target hit, thank you :+1:

Target 2
£160
Above plus
Veritas small crosscut saw

Target 3
£285
All above plus
Veritas large rip cut tenon saw 9tpi

Target 4
£367
All above plus
Veritas crosscut panel saw

Target 5
£500
All above plus
Veritas crosscut tenon saw

Target 6
£570
All above plus
Veritas Fine tooth rip cut dovetail saw

If anyone disagrees with the order I am happy to go with the consensus

I will run this pledge drive either till we get the full amount for all, or call the end so we receive delivery of the new saws by Halloween.
(If we are close I will tap up the @directors @woodtechs to see if they will front the difference!)

I will start it off with a pledge of £30

2 Likes

Awesome, please count me in for £20!

1 Like

Bumping this as I do not believe that every @woodworkers are happy with the handsaws we currently have in the space

25 for me

1 Like

£30 from me

1 Like

£15 from me, conditional that we tool control them ? :eyes:

1 Like

£15 from me

Either way we will need to address the current saw situation - @lewisss and @mbg if you’re good with it I will come down tonight and sort through the hardened point saws and set aside the blunt ones for turning into scrapers.

That’s all of them then!

Seriously though that would be good, we need to keep some of the hardpoint saws for rough dimensioning

1 Like

Ed, I’d appreciate that!

1 Like

I’ve done them and tried to tidy up the planes too - we definitely have some questionable looking spare bodies! The shoulder plane and 4.5 are now on the sloped till with the other hand decent ones. Maybe the 4.5 is worth green-taping? It handles really nicely.

1 Like

We have £135 pledges so far, just £25 to hit the next target anything helps, £1-£2-£5

15 from me.

1 Like

10 from me!

1 Like

I can chuck in £15

Happy to chuck in 15

Count me in for £10

£20
The same could be said of the handplanes.
A used no 4 or no 5, Record, Stanley, Acorn, etc, with everything intact and working perfectly can be purchased for 50 quid or less. Ebay has a steady stream of good used planes, it’s just a matter of making a considered purchase and asking questions and getting additional photos.
Block planes like the 60 1/2 can be found just as easily.
Or there are quangsheng of course.
Quangsheng block planes are excellent.

2 Likes