Grinder and platform

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49a9467b8>

I was shown some stones but they are all the wrong size. I will check again.
I think there is a large three phase grinder requiring assembly etc.
Possibly another grinder, I haven’t seen it, not sure if it has standard 19mm wheels or if it is functional.

It should have a sign saying do not use for space tools, ask someone to do it.

1 Like

Haha. Yes - well it used to… the one under discussion here belonged to the metal space!! It seems the wood have claimed it as theirs by dint of unbridled enthusiasm!! It will be a shame to see it go :cry::rofl::rofl:

To answer the rest of your question, the one metal was using runs slow, has a very questionable wheel - which I will attempt to ‘dress’ and has a wire wheel. The ‘big boy’ one is three phase…. and I’m keeping that a secret now for as long as possible incase that also ends up in the woodshop! :wink::wink::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Side note.
We have a very good quality wooden smoother plane. They are quite costly. It is in better shape than the metal planes we have based on an initial inspection.
The blade needs a regrind and I expect it will need the sole flattening. I thought I would get started on it, should be a simple task, resulting in a great tool.

1 Like

Hmm interesting, if it was part of the metal area, metal can claim it back and wood can get their own. You tell me, if you have another one hiding and don’t need it then all good?

I found these

@asander1 we do have two more grinders in various condition and a metal stand for one, as well as assortment of wheels (that apparently don’t fit specific one Giles is working on)

1 Like

Ok, sounds like we have lots of grinders, let me know if we need something additional!

1 Like