Getting Drum Sander for the Space - Pledge Post

900kg we have unloaded bigger

1 Like

@joeatkin2 that’s all I need to know, As long as vans can handle that (I’ve always used Ute’s/Trailers to move loads that size)

So do we just want to jump on ol’ green or see how another goes?

I am happy given the feedback from @joeatkin2 and @Ryanf either way and trust their oppion. I just want to sand!!!

We’re currently at £410 of pledges, ol’ green appears to be ~ £500 (including ~£50 for transportation) let’s get Sanding

1 Like

Potentially a spectacularly naive question to ask on my part, but having pledged an amount for this (having made the initial suggestion to get one it would have been churlish not to have done !!), how/ when do I actually pay the pledge ?? Being a non-member at this present time I have no payments set up at the MakerSpace. Many thanks for any confirmation.

I don’t think there is an automated way of paying the pledge, given I started the drive I’m assuming it’s up to me to chase and collect

4 Likes

Yea, pretty much! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Paypal should have a pool option, check that, easy to collect, you send just one link to all.

1 Like

This is a good idea - put me down for a tenner :+1:

1 Like

I have reached out to the Seller of what I am not affectionally referring to as ol’ Green. To try to arrange a time and maybe a discount :smiley:

@Julia are there any times for pickup that work better for you?

1 Like

I’ll dm you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who knows things about transporting large equipment.

A ZipVan is approximately loading dimensions are: 235cm (L) x 148cm (W) x 130cm (H)

Size of machine is 1200mm wide, 700mm depth and stands 1300mm tall.

the thing its 900kgs and its on a pallet, does this sound tenable, should I seek another form of vehicle

My knowledge or logistics in this country, I’m used to using a trailer / a Ute

Thanks for the advice

Unless I am missing something the vehicle you have stated dimensions for will not be high enough if the machine is on a pallet ?? 130cm = 1300mm

I’m also not sure if that includes a pallet

Ace rent the van have provided excellent rental options for my workshop move as well as house move (twice). They are priced well, even though Howard scratched it once and Slms had to pay up, so careful with rentals!

1 Like

just get the insurance!

1 Like

Looks like he wants us to pick it up Thursday/Friday Just need to arrange something

1 Like

You can usually rent larger box vans / Luton vans with a motorised rail gait. I don’t have any recommendations though as its been a while since I’ve hired one. Google should turn up some options though.

You can also hire a man & van. Often cheaper is they aren’t vat registered and they do the driving. You also benefit from their public liability insurance should there be a ding or a scrape or someone else’s property is damaged.

1 Like

Good News

Ol’ Green has arrived

Can the following people please contact me so that I can collect your pledge amount :slight_smile:

@crafty_creator - £20
@asander1 - £20
@Joeatkin2 -£50

3 Likes

Great work getting this sorted, nice one Paul :slight_smile:

2 Likes

how would you prefer we get in contact?

If you have Revolut / Monzo I can send a payment link

1 Like