Genuino Day/Arduino day any questions?

Fire away!

Yes, I have got a question!
What this event requires construction-wise?

Phase one clear with doors on!

Possibly use of messy room…that might be pushing it?

1 Like

I think a doable goal. Once the doors are in. That’s the last of the bulky stuff left in phase 1, so the dream is alive!

Edit, do we need to get the glass for the workshop doors measured up?

Let’s look into that. I wonder what the maximum we can get away with is?

No doors just glass?

1 Like

@members I have a question!

Actually two…

1. Do you have any Arduino-based projects you’d love to share with the world on April 2nd? We still have table/floor/ceiling(?) space.

2. Are you available to be part of the team setting up and running things on the day? This would require being at the space at 1PM to set up, or around 5 to get things back in order, or any combination!

3. Are you able to help delivering workshops, or help our guests with their projects? We’re planning ‘Arduino for Beginners’ and ‘learn to solder’ at the moment, plus there’s a ‘Hardware Jam’…we’re also open to suggestions for other workshops. Our friends at Bare Conductive are sending us some conductive ink to have a play with, so maybe something involving that?

That’s definitely enough for two questions…enjoy the rest of Easter!

This is looking to be a fun and interesting day, and possibly a chance to show off phase 1 in clean shiny glory…but that’s another thread’s worth.

Post here or message @events and @Courty

I’d love to help but sadly I am inexperienced in arduino so i’m going to be coming as a guest.

In the future though i’d be happy to help with any workshops being put on, provided I have the skills/enough notice.

There’s always plenty to do, especially if you can be there to set up.

The soldering workshop is quick to learn!

Yeah okay I can help set up and close down but as I said before i’m new to Arduino and soldering so I doubt i’ll be any help running the workshops.

1 Like

They’ll be loads of stuff you can do, don’t worry. Some people might not know how to navigate to a URL or plug in cables.

Plus I imagine you’ll pick up some Arduino basics very quickly.

A question from Michele who is bringing a few of his bots along;
I wanted to ask another question: for the communication between my phone and the computer I use a dedicated network I generate with an old EE router. Would that be fine in your space? Or would cause a problem to generate an additional network? I am happy to use yours if it makes things easier and doesn’t drop too many packages in a UDP communication.

Is this going to be a problem?

Usually WiFi networks coexist without problems?

Hi Dermot,

I will probably be able to help out on the day. I don’t have any functioning Arduino (I don’t think I will ever begin to say ‘Genuino’) projects at the moment because I have spent too much of my time making the space!

1 Like

doubt this would be a problem. The worst that he’ll need to do is a bit of channel hopping, but this is usually automatic these days.