General budget and general consumables

As some of you may know, some not, I’ve got access to the general budget credit card for things like toiletries, cleaning products and other general consumables.

I’ve been very busy the last couple of months and haven’t had as much time to buy stuff for the space. So some of you may have noticed less of the above in the space.

I’ve just done a big bulk buy so that should last s while.

Ongoing I think:

a) we need to increase the budget (I’ve been asking for this for about 6 months)

b) I’ld like someone else to have another £50 card to share the work load and to effectively double the budget. @SarahJ stepped forward for this the last time I mentioned this, hopefully still interested.

Can this be raised at the next general meeting as using discourse hasn’t seemed to have worked?

Case for a)

• Membership a least doubled since cards issue. That means more stuff is consumed.
  • remit increasing: paper for printers, etc
  • any other

Case for b:

• it would mean if someone’s busy the other person can action
  • increases the budget without increasing an individuals access to funds
  • would help me. It’s not the loveliest jod to do in world.
1 Like

I saw you bristling about this at the last meeting Paul and wanted to get it on the table, but we were right at the end and events conspired etc.

I’m behind this - two heads are better than one and I know well that the £50 limit gets hit every month, early.

2 Likes

Yes please let’s put it on the agenda for the next members meeting.

2 Likes