Focus tool missing

Hello @lasertechs and all, the laser focusing tool has gone missing. I remember this happened before and it was down a hole? Anyway - mainly to let you know…

@techfolderkites did you have the tool when you were here? Any ideas?

I used it Sunday and was defently there.

1 Like

do you mean the metal piece that you hang off the laser to get the right depth? if so a couple of weeks ago someone had accidentally put it into the scrap bin next to the laser cutter, might be worth checking in there

2 Likes

Yes thats the one! Oh no!

We poked around in there a bit, but may need to do a more thorough search!

yeah I found it on a second pass - emptied it out and it was right at the bottom. Worth checking the other bins nearby too?

1 Like

We should really build a replacment before we throw it away.

1 Like

Has it been found? @lasertechs might need to order/make a new one? Happy to assist.

Just a wild guess, but didn’t somebody recently use the laser who hasn’t been around a lot and asking where the honeycomb was located? I vaguely remember from last Open Evening that the honeycomb was lying on the bench next to the metal-lathe. Is it possible, that somebody forgot to put the tool+honeycomb back into the laser??

Not sure if I’m misunderstanding you but I’m not suggesting anyone put it in the bin deliberately…

So, to summarise…

It went missing a while ago.
Nick found it in the bin and put it back.

Now it has gone missing again.
And has not been found.

However, I believe someone has access to the Tool Control access logs, so we could send a message to all the recent users until we find both the last person who had it, and the person who lost it!

2 Likes

I’ll go and have a look for this reason. Will dm you.

Oh we can order another one! Silly me thinking we weren’t able to do so!

Also, in other news, I think the X axis (?) is on its way out was doing a dragging noise the other day while moving quickly between 2 points

sometimes it speeds up, but was it a repetative skip that looked unusual?

we might have to just make one, it seems like waste of money now that people throwing it in the bin. 35£ for a stick with a lip. ah. It needs to be accurate, but i have a way!

Id put it out of order if you say theres something wrong with x-axis just in case so it doesnt chew up the belt whatever it is

didn’t skip,only a dragging noise, maybe the rail just need some oiling…

No oiling!

1 Like

ok, I officially have no idea what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Good observation though!

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a spare one. I’m very careful and sure I put it back on Sunday.

1 Like