First look at our new drum sander

Great!

Do we have any updates on the drum sander, I,we got some things I’de love to sand flat :grin:

1 Like

Good question @joeatkin2 ???

Any news?

I’ve seen more and more progress going into the drum sander as recent as this week. I know @mjadczak has been working very hard on it. The majority of the work done to it is electrical, building a new control board with all the safety goodness from scratch. There is a newly built and labelled control interface for it now. I don’t know how close it is to being complete, only Matt and Joe can really answer that. It hasn’t been forgotten!

2 Likes

The control system is done, we just need to figure out a more permanent/ergonomic mount for the control panel, and probably at some point put some gaskets and fixings in so the control box doesn’t get filled with sawdust the first time we sand anything.

There’s some mechanical love needed now - I think @lewisss has mounted the conveyor back on, we still need to figure out the sandpaper mounting mechanism and the height control system needs a good cleaning and greasing. But we should be close!

3 Likes

Greasing with a dry lubricant only please !

3 Likes

We are just waiting for the extraction pipes and for @joeatkin2 to give us access to the top to fit the sandpaper then we should be ready to get it online

5 Likes

Is this machine going to follow the new induction/self certify procedure from the jump?

Bumping this back up the list :X

1 Like

Very exciting

Hoses are here:

Alas the shutoffs are just dampers- as in they don’t actually close it completely, anyone have a link to 4” (100mm) shutoffs? Ill return the dampers unless we need them for something else?

3 Likes

It Lives!

All operational and working well.

We just need to get an emergency stop added to it on the outfeed side and tool control and it will be ready for general use!

If anyone has an immediate need to use it, let me know.

7 Likes

Amazing!

Thankyou everyone for getting this up and running

@lewisss I’ve got a chopping board that needs sanding, let me know when would work, I don’t think I can do Tuesday.

2 Likes

@systems, what do we need to get a TC group made for the drum sander? Once that’s in I can set up a new tool control node

2 Likes

Done- its group 33…

4 Likes

Too soon to put myself on the induction list :rofl:

Tc node set up, think we need to set up the modbus to get it fully working though

4 Likes

That was quick