First laser project: Earring display / organisation

Simple first project with the laser cutter following being inducted, a display for earrings complete with holes for hooks, hooks for hoops and a cork board for pins. This project used exactly one sheet of plywood and used all the material up to which was satisfying. Few bits I would change if I was to do this again but overall very happy with how this turned out! Now to make some more polymer clay earrings to go on it…

CAD credit to @EdwardE i’m head of design he’s head of manufacture

16 Likes

What a great first project! That came out awesome!

1 Like

I love the drawers/shelves at the bottom! What’s next?!

Inspired! Love it - will be plagiarising this soon! :heart_eyes:

Any chance of I can persuade you to run a polymer clay workshop in one of our craft nights? Please please please?!

Unbiased opinion, looks great :smiley:

Sure thing, if there’s an oven in the clean room then totally! I might need to get some more clay though!

Getting back into polymer clay myself! Love the laser project. Great colours :heart:

Looks amazing, you’ve inspired me on a cold January morning :slight_smile:

We would supply any clay needed for a workshop - you’d just need to tell us what to get.
Oven - a domestic oven? I’ll look into what we can do.

I think there’s a toaster oven thing in the kitchen? Not sure if that would work or if you’d get crispy earrings :joy:

I used a small kitchen counter toaster oven my entire childhood with Fimo and it works great! Gets up to temp faster, but I do remember it works best for relatively flat pieces, or you can arrange foil shielding if the heat seems too direct

1 Like

Fwiw I have used the space oven twice now to cure some FIMO this week. Just some clay colour swatches.

1 Like

I’m thinking maybe a dutch style doll house for my dutch niece?

Hi Isabella,

We are starting to look at our content inclusion for the Dulwich festival Maker fair we have a “Don’t be Shy! submit your Make” event happening on Friday. Would this be of any interest to you maybe and/or do you know anyone else I can reach out too?

Cheers
Dorine