Filming in the Space (Tuesday 22nd Nov)

Hi everyone! Hope you’re having a good weekend! Does anyone know who to get in contact with regards to filming at SL Makerspace? I’ve been trying to get a contact for the Institution of Engineering and Technology for the past week :pleading_face:

They’ve nominated me for an award for my work in promoting robotics, and one of the requirements is I need to make a press reel/advert! I’d like to take advantage of this opportunity to promote safe and inclusive spaces where women can build their projects, as well as to encourage more young girls to pursue careers in engineering.

Apologies if this is the wrong channel to ask this! I’ve been calling for over a week and sent an email as I wasn’t sure! Got a recommendation from a call today and discord to share here too! I was hoping to film for about an hour on November 22nd in the morning (as early as possible) and am happy to discuss what the institution is willing to do in return!

Would appreciate any responses/leads/suggestions!

Thanks!

Hi Eneni,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m a bit puzzled why nobody replied to your e-mail inquiry. Just to confirm, you used directors@southlondonmakerspace.org for your e-mail? If yes, we need to look into this.

In the mean time, I’ll tag @directors to hopefully get some attention here on Discourse.

Sorry I can’t be more specific at this time, but the directors will have to make this decision whether this is possible.

(On a side note, I’d be available Tuesday morning to open up, though I hope “as early as possible” doesn’t mean before 6am. :smile:)

Let’s see if we get any response.

Mark

1 Like

Thanks Mark!

Sorr for the delay @The_Techover!

Let me check with the rest of the Directors and let you know asap- if Mark can host you that would be great!

Cheers,
Andy

2 Likes

Hi thank you for getting back to me and tagging the directors!

That specific email wasn’t available from your site so I followed the FAQ via the Contact us page where it said if you fill the contact form it’ll reach the directors! Glad we got there in the end!

Definitely not 6am LOL! Hopefully 9am works for you :sweat_smile:

Thank you again!
Eneni

Hi Andy,

No worries we’re here now! Please let me know, I know the IET are very keen to make this happen too!

Thanks for getting back to me!
Eneni

Hi Eneni!

You are good to go for filming from the Directors!

Work with Mark @Geraetefreund for scheduling and hosting in the space on Tuesday and I will follow up on your email with a few additional details as well.

@mbg I see you have a booking for Tuesday morning, hopefully this doesn’t disrupt your session, not sure what area you had planned on using, check with Mark to coordinate if needed, thanks!

Cheers,
Andy

1 Like

Yes, not to worry. I’m an early bird. We can start earlier, if you prefer.

I’ll send you a PM and we can discuss the details.

Mark

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks Mark!!

2 Likes

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me, thats awesome! Looking forward to Tuesday! Thank you too @Geraetefreund speak soon!

Cheers,
Eneni

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Thanks to @Geraetefreund for facilitating this important session!

Watch the whole video - but focus on 1:19 for somewhere that looks familiar!

Cheers,
Andy

8 Likes