Fibreglass roof repair - seeking advice

I was up on the roof cleaning out a blocked gutter today and noticed there is some cracking at one end. It’s in the run off guttery thing which I think is GFRP. It looks like it’s just the top coat to me but I know nothing about this! I’ve attached some photos and am hoping the hive mind might have some advice on remediation steps

From some research, it seems like it is a grp roof. The yellow is the fibreglass and it’s just the topcoat cracking. Sounds like I can safely sand it to remove the flakes and create a key and then re top coat. Will take a look at materials. Hopefully an easyish job

1 Like

It seems to me the top coat is too thin? Look up cure-it web site, they have a guide to how to do this!

This is about how it’s made. Usually you’d just sand the parts you want to replace and then apply new coat when it’s dry outside for a couple of days.

Check if you need the winter or summer resin. The temperature makes a difference in how fast and if the resin cures at different times of year.

CURE-IT-TRAINING-MANUAL-2021.pdf (2.5 MB)

Good luck with the repair!

Just in case Google hasn’t already surfaced this, Selco stock a lot of the Cureit stuff and tend to be pretty reasonably priced once you take online delivery into account.

@petra @chris_c, thanks for the replies. I also saw this which is basically just paint. Any chance this sort of thing would work or would you go with the ‘proper’ cure-it? Digging around in the basement I found an old (well past it’s shelf life) can of sealoflex ct topcoat, so I would guess this is what is currently in place rather than cure-it