Fencing?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49a8b5880>

May be a long shot, does anyone know a local supplier of fencing? Our neighbor’s dog is jumping into our garden (adorable, but does give our cat a fright!)

That’s weird. When I saw this post I thought you were reaching out for a fencing partner, and was wondering why you were asking in a makerspace. But I guess it wouldn’t be the strangest ask…

more coffee? I think more coffee.

2 Likes

Acre lane Builders. Posts and ground spikes too.

Garden centre on Croxted Road might have small panels.

2 Likes

We can make fencing foils, can we?

1 Like

Thank you for this tip, Tom - I will try them!

Haha, I love the idea of a world with casual social fencing. Reminds me of 16th century Spain. I challenge you, Sir, to a duel!

2 Likes

In case anyone is thinking of a place a little further afield, I’m Peckham/Nunhead way.

How high is the fence/wall that the mutt keeps jumping over? Least expensive way of solving the problem is to extend your exciting wall by adding some panels above the wall. If that doesn’t work and the dog persists in jumping over, grab it the next time it does, take it inside, call the RSPCA, tell them you found a stray dog and can they come collect it from you. I assume you’ve discussed the issue with the neighbour. The dog probably needs an incentive to not jump over the fence.

Hi David, the neighbours and the dog are friendly… We have a waist height trellis and some fairly flimsy bamboo above it which holds some of the time. Definitely won’t be reporting them as stray! Good to know the nuclear option if I ever need it one day, haha.

I had the same idea, and got exited to find fellow loonatics who enjoy beating each other with swords:rofl:

2 Likes

they’re made from silver steel (RS sells it), the funny bit is heat treating it has zo be the same temperature everywhere. a forge can built from chamotte and an old hoover wit the option to connect the hose on the intake.

1 Like

You could try Gibbs and Dandy or Jewson on Grove Vale, East Dulwich (near the station)
I could also give you a quote for supply and fitting.
Orchard Fencing (Catford) will also deliver to your door.

1 Like

Actually @Dermot should know where’s best to go, given his day job!

2 Likes

A quote for installation, yes please! I’ll check those places too, thanks for the tips Dan.