Eye tests

In line with current government custom and practice I think it is important South London makerspace should help with the covid-19 Crisis by making our large and dangerous tools available for people to test their eyesight with with.

In this current crisis is important that we all pull together and if heavy and dangerous machinery is the correct way to test our eye sight I think we should be part of the solution not the problem.

9 Likes

Jokes :smiley:

1 Like

We should definitely get our 4 years olds involved too.

4 Likes

We need another arch, our catchment area just grew all the way to Durham

2 Likes

Well this morning Michael Gove has confirmed that using heavy and potentially lethal machinery in public is the correct way to test your eyesight.

Angle grinder eye testing is definitely a thing apparently

3 Likes

Do you need to wear eye protection to test your eyes or is it a test of how fast you can blink as well? :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t know the government haven’t made a specific recommendation for that one but the way they are going I suspect they would recommend placing a dehydrated Hedgehog on each eye or something equally as nuts

4 Likes

Maybe we could even retrofit the laser cutter for eye surgery and provide an essential service on the spot!

2 Likes

Are you suggesting a Donald Trump style enema attachment for it , to put the light inside?

I’m all in favour but we’re going to need some curtains around it as privacy will probably be mandatory.

I’m so glad we’ve got all these geniuses running the world

2 Likes

I think this procedure has the potential to be very dangerous.

I think we need a liquid prophylactic - Barnard Castle Eye Test
<brewdog.com/uk>

4 Likes

Apparently the government thinks it’s perfectly safe to a operate heavy machinery when you are uncertain of your eyesight

Oh cracking, metal lathe induction when? :joy:

1 Like