Esp32

Has anyone gotten hold of an esp32 yet? What does the gpio look like in terms of analogue and digital?

I’ve got one but the IDE is still a bit flaky and requires a lot of hoop jumping to get it going.

Happy to let you have a play with it but it recommends a separate install to the normal IDE.

That said its got LOT of IO’s and on board peripherals, will dig out the map.

Courty

• Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) – Up to 16 channels of 12-bit SAR ADC’s. The ADC range can be set, in firmware, to either 0-1V, 0-1.4V, 0-2V, or 0-4V – no more weird 0-1V ADC

• Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) – Two 8-bit DAC’s to produce true analog voltages

• Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) – Up to 16 channels of PWM-capable pins for dimming LEDs or controlling motors

• Touch Sensor – 10 GPIOs feature capacitive sensing; make a 10-key buttonpad!

• UART - Two UART interfaces, one is used to load code serially. They feature flow control, and support IrDA too!

• I2C, SPI, I2S – There are two I2C and four SPI interfaces to hook up all sorts of sensors and peripherals, plus two I2S interfaces if you want to add sound to your project.

Dose it have the kitchen sink , if not it’s a bit rubbish. …

So, for a duffer electronics like me; If I want a bunch of analogue inputs, how many could I possibly get out of this fellow?

it also has RTC?

Think it’s 16 inputs. It’s the pins marked ADCxx. They are also 12 bit which is far more sensitive than the Arduino ADC’s at 10 bit

Courty