Electroplating - Power Supply

Hi team, I’ve got a project in the works that would benefit from some electroplating. Does anybody happen to know what we have in terms of voltage/amperage when it comes to regulated power supplies? I seem to recall maybe having one in the electronics area? Would we approve of the use of one of these devices for this purpose? How would we feel about having the associated materials (and leftover solution, which is reusable) stored on site?

Oh I have a few things that would benefit greatly from that too! I would be very interested in seeing if I can come when you’re doing it and learn how to (and plate a few things myself)

Can I watch ?

1 Like

Also interesting in learning about this process

Hi gang, I’ve had a look at the power supplies at the space and they are too wimpy for the large parts I had in mind. I’m going to try to source a beefier power supply and gather the necessary materials, but maybe in the meantime I could do some smaller parts. I can’t claim to be an expert but I’m happy to share what I know and perhaps we could all learn together.

1 Like

how beefy we are talking?

1 Like

I won’t know for sure until I’ve finished printing the parts and had a measure but I’m guessing 30 amps-ish?